Micrometric Quick Release Retention System For Motorcycle Helmets – Benefits & Demerits
Modern motorcycle helmets are these days featured far advanced with the most advanced technical features as well as updated safety enhancements. Those are made with sophisticated materials to ensure maximum possible safety as well as come with enhanced comfort features. Accordingly, motorcycle helmet retention systems have also been updated for easy and hassle-free usage. Thus micrometric quick-release retention systems for motorcycle helmets took place in the market. So here we are focusing on the core benefits and demerits of the system, let’s head in.
Micrometric Quick Release Retention System For Motorcycle Helmets
In this modern age, a motorcycle helmet is not only the most important safety gear but also these days motorcycle helmets reflect a motorcyclist's attitude that how he/she is caring about his/her own safety and is respectful of the traffic regulations. Hence motorcycle helmet carries significant importance as well as are also considered a lifestyle product by some users. Hence modern motorcycle helmets are featuring some easy and handy features to make usage easier and more comfortable.
Thus modern motorcycle helmet retention system is also updated for easy operation but obviously not compromising the safety concern. Accordingly, the micrometric quick-release retention system for motorcycle helmets is featured in modern motorcycle helmets and that also security tested and holds certifications from all the global and regional helmet certification authorities. Thus motorcycle helmet manufacturers are adopting micrometric quick-release buckle system side by side with conventional Double-D buckle systems even for their most advanced helmets.
Whatsoever, despite the eligibility and certification therefore authentication micrometric quick-release buckle system has both some advancements and drawbacks considering real-life usage. So we need to find and know those concerns to make our decision whether the system is eligible considering our riding style, comfort level, and desired safety level or not. And here are the benefits and demerits of micrometric quick-release retention systems for motorcycle helmets.
Benefits of the micrometric quick-release buckle retention system
- The operation of micrometric quick-release buckle systems for motorcycle helmets is really simple. It’s very easy to close or lock the buckle and it’s also easy to open or release the same.
- Micrometric quick-release buckle system operation is easier than Double-D buckle system and doesn’t require putting off the gloves from hands.
- Micrometric quick-release buckle system can be closed or released by one hand and is even possible while riding a motorcycle. It simply requires pushing the micrometric mechanism to the ratchet to close the buckle and just pulling the latch out to unlock or release the buckle, as simple as it is.
- Another comfortable advancement of the micrometric quick-release buckle system is it can be re-tighten simply by pushing the micrometric mechanism to the ratchet system and the strap doesn’t fasten around the throat tightly like the Double-D straps. And again, it also can be loosened easily using a single hand.
- The micrometric quick-release buckles system also holds safety certifications from all the global and regional helmet certification authorities. And it is very much convenient for daily life use and also a comfortable option for motor travelers.
Demerits of the micrometric quick-release buckle retention system
- The Micrometric quick-release buckles system is a globally accepted and safety-certified helmet retention system but it has a few drawbacks also that is sometimes discussed as a less safe fastening system for motorcycle helmets comparing the Double-D buckles system.
- Many professional racing authorities do not accept micrometric quick-release buckle systems as motorcycle helmet retention systems in racing helmets.
- Cheap manufactured micrometric quick-release buckles system can break in accidents as the ratchet system is made in a metal buckle and have a simple metal pin.
- The metal part of the micrometric quick-release buckles system can be rusted over time and can fail strong attachment due to the wear or rusted part of the ratchet or the broken spring inside the mechanism.
So guys, here are the most common features, benefits, and demerits of the micrometric quick-release buckles retention system for motorcycle helmets that show the overall eligibility and characteristics of the system. Obviously, it’s the easiest and most user-friendly fastening system for a helmet that is widely appreciated for daily use or for motor traveling conditions.
But for professional or hardcore riding style it needs to be sure about sophisticated manufacture and precision of craftsmanship. Further, it’s the consumer’s choice what type of retention system he/she will admire for his/her motorcycle helmet which surely depends on one’s riding type, riding frequency, and also the comfort level, that’s it.
Published by Saleh