TVS Metro Plus: New 110cc Bike In Bangladesh
Hello Riders! Here I come with another review and this time it’s about TVS Metro Plus, which is a product of TVS Auto Bangladesh Ltd. Again for the newly bike riders, a little bit of background history. TVS Auto is a sister concern of Sony Rangs Group. And is also a renowned name in the motor bike distribution sector in Bangladesh. And recently on 15th February, 2015 they launched their another product named TVS Metro Plus. Which will cost up to 1,35,500 BDT. (See the current price here)
Now TVS Metro Plus, it definitely comes with lots of new and upgraded features. For example it comes with a new 110cc ECOthrust engine which derived from the revolutionary TVS Phoenix Engine and is best known for it’s smooth performance. It got a four stroke, single cylinder and air cooled type of engine. The engine controls the flow of the petrol based on the throttle position and thus giving the best combination of mileage and power.
Oh, so talking about the mileage this piece of two wheelers will give you the mileage of 86 km/L (OOooooo!!!). This is the one thing that concern the most to any bikers before they purchase a bike, the amount of fuel it consumes because dude, fuels are expensive. So if you are planning to buy TVS Metro Plus then rest assured because it only consumes 86 L/KM, thus saving your money. Not only that, it got a fuel tank of 16 liters (incl. 2.5 liters reserve).
Moving ahead, the engine will give a maximum speed of 90 KM/H. This two wheeler will also give you an amazing power of 8.4 PS @ 7000 rpm and pickup of Torque 8.7 Nm @ 5000 rpm. This is the fastest 110 cc motorcycle in it’s segment giving 0 – 60 kmph in 7.6 seconds! Writing more about it’s advanced features, the ‘Ecothrust’ engine has a four speed gear box, with the added feature of electric start in any gear. Which means the rider can easily start the vehicle with self-start when the motorcycle is in any gear, this save more fuel when you are in a traffic signal.
Well the surprises doesn’t end here, the new TVS Metro Plus comes with a comprehensive digital dashboard which has an analogue speedometer and an advanced digital information display. Among which is a designed econometer which helps to notify the rider as to when he/she is riding on Power/ Economy mode and thereby helping the rider to maximize mileage.
Now isn’t that something amazing? Well to increase your amazement more, it also comes with a service reminder. Yes! Now how many bikes have that? This bike got an indicator to inform you as to when your bike is due for service. So you just enjoy your ride and TVS Metro plus will inform you when you have to visit for vehicle servicing. You can also check the information of your fuel capacity and the exact kilometers you have travelled with the help of Advanced Digital Information Display.
Okay so now moving on to the look of the bike. But before that let me tell you the look of the bike is enough to make you fall in love with it! The bike comes with two different colors_ Red and Show Stopper Blue. The bike comes with a super-bright headlamps with a battery power of 12V. 35/35W to ensure enough safety in the dark roads. It also got a pass - light.
It comes with premium Switch gears, it is a soft-touch handgrips to give you stress-free long rides. It got Hi Grip – button type tyres of 2.75 x 18 on the front and 3.00 x 18 on the rear to make your ride comfortable and safe and it also reduces the risk of skidding by providing better contact between the tyre and the road.
The bike comes with a comfortable padded dual tone seat, made with superior materials which helps to keep the shape of the seat intact even after many years. It also comes with a passenger footrest. Now another thing that concerns the most to the riders is the braking system of the bike. Specially if you are riding on the roads of Dhaka city which are filled with idiots.
So this two wheeler got two drum brakes with 110mm on both front and rear. If you are already impressed with the bike after reading up to here then let me tell you more. The TVS Auto also made sure about the safety of the riders by giving a suspension front of telescopic hydraulic fork (110mm stroke) and a Suspension rear of Spring loaded hydraulic (78mm stroke). This helps to make the ride more comfortable in bumpy roads and the 5 step adjustable shock absorbers gives comfortable ride single or with pillion even in bad roads. Now that is the feature we need in every motorbike that will be ridden on the streets of Dhaka city.
TVS Metro Plus Specifications:
This two wheeler will give you a maximum speed of 90 KM/H and it is the fastest 110 cc motorcycle in it’s segment giving 0 – 60 kmph in 7.6 seconds!Now I have been asked to write some positive and some negative things I feel about this bike. Now talking about the positive things…well up to now I have only written the positive things, but if you want me to highlight ‘The Positive Features’ I like the most about this bike then here it is –
- It got a fuel system which consumes only 86 L/KM, which saves you a lot of money spending on the fuel.
- It got a self indicator to remind you when your bike needs servicing. As many people either forget or they simply neglect to take care of their bike, which they have bought with so much money. So this will definitely help them.
- It got an electric start in any gear. Which means rider can easily start the vehicle with self-start when the motorcycle is in any gear, this save more fuel when you are in a traffic signal, which is a common thing in Bangladesh.
- It got a type of a tyre which helps to make your ride comfortable and safe and it also reduces the risk of skidding by providing better contact between the tyre and the road. Which is something we really need, specially when riding on the streets of Dhaka city.
Now coming to the negative points –
- Well one thing which I found as a negative point about this amazing two wheeler, according to some people, is it’s price. This new TVS Metro Plus will cost you 1,35,500 BDT.As I was going through the reviews from different website, one thing that people complained was that they feel the price is too high.
- Another thing that people complained is that, the bike doesn’t come with any hydraulic brakes. Which are more preferable on the roads of Dhaka.
- People also want some more varieties in terms of the colors of the bike. But unfortunately TVS Motor Plus got only three available colors.
- We doubt about the mileage of 86 kmpl. Without proper test ride cant confirm anything about it.
Now after re-reading the overall article I feel, that even the price is a bit high according to some people, but I guess it’s worth it! Because it is also giving you some new and advanced features, such as the self reminder.
Never have I heard before of any bike that comes with a self reminder for servicing in a 110 cc Bike. So this is definitely something new. That’s their USP for which they deserved to be paid high. In short I feel that TVS Metro Plus comes across as a complete value for money. Apart from that TVS Metro Plus comes with a 2 years engine warranty and after sales service from a wide network of TVS motorcycle all over Bangladesh. Overall TVS Metro Plus is yet another in a slew of new launches from TVS Auto Bangladesh Ltd which effectively caters to the needs of the Bangladeshi customers.
Published by Shuvo