Disadvantages Of Riding A Motorcycle
Disadvantages Of Riding A Motorcycle. Riding a motorcycle obviously is exciting and to some extent, it’s unmatched fun in case of pleasure and adventure rides. Despite the fun factors people commonly frequent of riding a motorcycle in their daily life events. It’s the most time-saving and cheaper solution for daily life commuting. Hence in counter of the number of advantages, there are a number of disadvantages too of riding a motorcycle and here we have bulleted those bellow.
Disadvantages of Riding a Motorcycle
- Riding a motorcycle obviously needs some experienced expertise and engagement of tons of concentration to ride safe and stay safe on the road. Being a two-wheeled vehicle its balance, control, and riding is far different than any other vehicle on the rushing roads. Hence in straight words, it’s a damn risky vehicle that’s why people say riding is far more dangerous than driving a car.
- A motorcycle is a two-wheeled vehicle and that balances & controlling is diverse than three or four-wheeled vehicles. Moreover, a motorcycle is a naked vehicle where the rider remains uncovered on the bike not having any cabin, no airbag, or any covering to save the rider from the impacts of weather, environment, and the other surroundings on the road. Hence it’s quite an unsafe vehicle.
- A motorcycle is comparatively a smaller vehicle. Its seating, accommodation, and passenger-carrying capacity is very limited. Moreover, a motorcycle doesn’t have any storage capacity and the carrying capacity of any household goods is very much limited.
- Being smaller in dimension a motorcycle is the lesser visible vehicle on the road. Thus on the highways, a motorcycle catches minimum attention to other fast-running vehicle drivers. Hence the risk level is always higher failing to be visible boldly for a motorcycle on the public roads.
- Unlike a car or other four-wheeled vehicles, a motorcycle is an uncovered vehicle; hence a rider deals with the direct impact of bad weather. And dealing with bad weather like rain, storm, cold, snowfall, or the hot sunlight a rider needs to struggle hard. Further dust, dirt, and sunburn are the daily hazards for a motorcycle rider.
- Riding a motorcycle the rider needs to wear at least a minimum set of safety wear or riding gear. Further, dealing with the environment and seasonal weather a motorcycle rider needs to wear raingear, winter wear, or summer wear accordingly. Meanwhile, no other vehicle rider needs to wear such extra riding gear; and just a set of casual wear is okay there.
- In the motorcycles, most of the machinery and controlling or handling mechanisms are open and quite uncovered. Those catch dust, dirt, water, and get rusted or corrode faster than any other type of vehicle. So a motorcycle needs much frequent maintenance and care than any other vehicle.
- Despite being a smaller vehicle, riding a motorcycle needs much more experience, expertise, as well as keen concentration on the road. And of course, it needs a separate driving license to ride a motorcycle legally on the public road. So these are the disadvantages of riding a motorcycle for which many people tend not to ride a motorcycle.
Published by Arif Raihan Opu