2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 Has Released With New Updates
2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 Has Released With New Updates! Yes Bajaj Auto Limited has released their existing UG4.5 Pulsar 150 with some new & attractive updates (Source). The new version now carries some significant change.
These updated features came in the machine to fight more long against its rivals. Hence covering these new features and detailing you more here is our discussion. So let’s find the detailed features of the new edition.
Bajaj Pulsar series had started its journey from the year 2001. The series started rolling with two different capacity of breed where they are Pulsar 150 and Pulsar 180. Both the model is ruling hard till now whereas the tweaks and updates came time to time. Within this sequence here is the latest update ofthat segregated as Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Twin Disk).
The new Pulsar 150 Twin Disk comes with some new features that somewhat directly hired from the existing Pulsar 180. This updated Pulsar 150 comes with a wider bundle of change and updates. Among the all updates the most iconic part is the rear disk brake.Also Read: Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Review – 2,500KM Road Test Report
2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 – A Bundle of Updates
The new 2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 is featured with hydraulic disk brake both in front and rear wheel. Whereas old version of Pulsar 150 comes with drum braking at rear and only front wheel comes with disk-braking system. The front disk dimension of the new Pulsar 150 also has upgraded with 260mm disk.
Also Read: Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Review
Along with the rear disk braking system here the whole setup of the rear wheel assembly has changed. It seems the total setup is hired from the 180cc model of Pulsar. From the officially released picture and specification it seems this rear part upgrade also includes the rear wheel, swing arm, suspension, foot peg brackets, rear brake lever, gear lever, chain sprocket assembly and the chain cover.
Therefore you already may have gotten the smell as definitely there something twisty in this new upgrade of Pulsar-150! Hence summing to the bomb-blasting twist let’s find the added updates & features of the 2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150. So here is the updates bellow in bullets.Also Read: Bajaj Pulsar 150 Ownership Review By Shoudagor
2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 – New Features In Rear Profile
- The new Pulsar 150 badged as Twin Disk version, so it comes with disk brake in both wheels. In addition the front 240mm disk replaced with increased 260mm diameter disk.
- It got new semi-rounded rectangular bar swing arm that hired from Pulsar 180. Hence the wheelbase also changed and it increased with few millimeters.
- The rear wheel dimension also has changed along with front wheel assembly. Now the rear wheel got fatter 120/80-17 tires where its 90/90-17 size tire in front. So you can see both the wheel dimension quite has changed with rim, tire and braking system.
- The foot peg setup of the new Pulsar 150 also has changed to fit with new swing arm assembly. Again it hired from same Pulsar 180 model. Hence accordingly rear brake lever and gear lever also has changed. Now the gear lever comes with single arm and that is Toe-Only type.
- New 2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 got the new exhaust muffler that similar to Pulsar 180.
- The old full covered metal chain-cover now replaced with new naked & sporty top only plastic chain cover. As the swing arm and rear wheel changed, accordingly we assume the chain sprocket assembly also has updated or it similar to the Pulsar 180.
- Another best looking part therefore the design change came that on the rear profile of the bike. It got new sporty split seat & sharp double horn grab rail which again might cloned from Pulsar 180.
2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 – New Features In Front Profile
- The most gorgeous change came in the front part of the bike is the front suspension system. It’s now fatter than the older one and again it’s similar to the Pulsar 180. Here again in the same sequence the front mudguard also has replaced.
- So you can see as all the changes of new Pulsar 150 came in sequence with the Pulsar 180. Therefore the handle bar position and design changed a little to match with the front suspension system.
- Here few changes also came on the ODO console. Now it got new backlit, color and background graphics. The backlit is now blue illuminated and the ODO back surface is solid white colored.
- Lastly the new Pulsar has omitted the engine kick starter from this new update. And according to their official photos of their website the engine crankcase also seems quite similar to the 180 model. Here you should see the oil level window has positioned is same position like the Pulsar 180. For your information the old one was placed in different position.
2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 – Is That 150cc Machine Inside The 180cc Housing!
So guys after the discussion on new features you can see the new Pulsar-150 came with massive changes and upgrades. Of-course the changes also came in graphics scheme. But the significant thing you may have noticed that is the new machine solely looked like the existing Pulsar 180.
Again here all the updates somewhat hired from the Bajaj’s new Pulsar 180 model. So the question is what the real thing is this new Pulsar 150? Is that 150cc version of that 180 model or truly something else?!Also Read: Bajaj Pulsar 150 Ownership Review By Sudip
So readers, to get more clear idea we surfed on every information those attached in the Bajaj’s official website. From there we found some significant similarities in between new Pulsar 150 and Pulsar 180 model.
Hence if you concentrate on their official data you also will find the frame, dimension, wheel, brake, suspension, design all are very similar to each other. So we can expect this is the update that may carry all the features of the successor Pulsar 180.
Hence whatsoever to detailing you with a comparative picture of the three machines here we arranged a comparison table. Here we have arranged all the current specification data of Pulsar 150 & 180 side by side. Please get through the specification comparison of Pulsar 150 (OLD) VS Pulsar 150 (Twin Disk) VS Pulsar 180; surely you will reveal some inner twist.
Bajaj Pulsar 150 (OLD) VS Pulsar 150 (Twin Disk) VS Pulsar 180 Specification Table
|Specification||Bajaj Pulsar 150 (Old Rear Drum)||Bajaj Pulsar 150 (New Twin Disk)||Bajaj Pulsar 180|
|Engine||Single Cylinder, Four Stroke, Air Cooled, Twin Spark BSIV Compliant DTS-i Engine||Single Cylinder, Four Stroke, Air Cooled, Twin Spark BSIV Compliant DTS-i Engine||Single Cylinder, Four Stroke, Air Cooled, Twin Spark BSIV Compliant DTS-i Engine|
|Valve System||Two Valve, SOHC||Two Valve, SOHC||Two Valve, SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||Not Found||Not Found||Not Found|
|Compression Ratio||Not Found||Not Found||Not Found|
|Maximum Power||14PS @ 8,000RPM||14PS @ 8,000RPM||17.02PS @ 8,500RPM|
|Maximum Torque||13.4NM @ 6,000RPM||13.4NM @ 6,000RPM||14.22NM @ 6,500RPM|
|Starting Method||Kick & Electric Start||Electric Only||Electric Only|
|Clutch Type||Wet, Multiple-disc||Wet, Multiple Disc||Wet, Multiple Disc|
|Lubrication||Wet Sump||Wet Sump||Wet Sump|
|Transmission||5 Speed, Pattern 1-N-2-3-4-5||5 Speed, Pattern 1-N-2-3-4-5||5 Speed, Pattern 1-N-2-3-4-5|
|Dimension (LxWxH)||2,055mm x 755mm x 1,060mm||2,035mm x 765mm x 1,115mm||2,035mm x 765mm x 1,115mm|
|Weight||144Kg (Kerb)||144Kg (Kerb)||145Kg (Kerb)|
|Fuel Capacity:||15 Liters||15 Liters||15 Liters|
Wheel, Brake & Suspension
|Suspension (Front/Rear)||Telescopic Fork with Anti Friction Bush /5 Way Adjustable Twin Suspension with Nitrox Shock Absorber||Telescopic Fork with Anti Friction Bush /5 Way Adjustable Twin Suspension with Nitrox Shock Absorber||Telescopic Fork with Anti Friction Bush /5 Way Adjustable Twin Suspension with Nitrox Shock Absorber|
|Brake system (Front/Rear)||Front: 240mm Disk Rear: 130mm Drum||Front: 260mm Disk Rear: 230mm Drum||Front: 260mm Disk Rear: 230mm Drum|
|Tire size (Front / Rear)||Front: 80/100-17 Rear: 100/90-17 Both Tubeless||Front: 90/90-17 Rear: 120/80-17 Both Tubeless||Front: 90/90-17 Rear: 120/80-17 Both Tubeless|
Electrical & Other
|Battery||MF 12V, Full DC System||MF 12V, Full DC System||MF 12V, Full DC System|
|Head lamp||35/35 W with 2 Pilot Lamps, With AHO (Auto Headlamp On)||35/35 W with 2 Pilot Lamps, With AHO (Auto Headlamp On)||35/35 W with 2 Pilot Lamps, With AHO (Auto Headlamp On)|
|Speedometer||Digital Display with Analog Rev Counter||Digital Display with Analog Rev Counter||Digital Display with Analog Rev Counter|
*All the specifications are subject to change upon company rules, policy, offer & promotion. BikeBD is not liable for the changes.
2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 – New Blend Coming Soon in Bangladesh!
So readers, after all the discussion here we should clear you as our discussion was based upon the official data displayed on Bajaj website. It seems Bajaj depending on the reliability and popularity of the model of Pulsar 180. Therefore they have rearranged the old Pulsar 150 features depending on the Pulsar 180.
Hence if so it might be a blessing for us. The happy news is this new 2018 Bajaj Pulsar 150 is going to be available soon in Bangladesh. And it’s positively just after the EID-UL-FITRE. It seems we will get the updated Pulsar 150 with all the features like Pulsar 180 except the displacement of 180cc. So hope for the best and stay safe. Thank you all.
Related Articles You May Like:
Read By Category:
Published by Ashik Mahmud