The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 was launched in India in the first quarter of 2018. The Indian version is featured with few revised & localized features specially adapted to comply with their region situations. Hence, the 2019 release also enhanced with extended features. Therefore, we are here covering those details with Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 Indian Version Feature Detail.
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 Indian Version – Overview
The Yamaha YZF-R15 is the 150cc capacity sports bike from Yamaha Motor Company (Source). The motorcycle manufactured following the Yamaha YZF Racing-DNA that designed under the shadow of bigger sports model YZF-R1 and YZF-R6. Hence this single cylinder machine starting from 2008 now is rolling with its 3rd generation models.
The third generation of Yamaha YZF-R15 is widely known as Yamaha R15 V3 where the previous versions were known as R15 V2.0 and R15 V1.0. Hence, the new R15 V3 first time released in Indonesia in January 2017. Later in 2018, it becomes available in India with revised and localized features. Further, the 2019 model for India comes with some enhanced feature.
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 Indian Version Feature & Enhancements
The new Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 Indian version is quite the same motorcycle with the same engine, frame, and design. It comes with almost the same exterior feature as produced in Indonesia. But the Indian version modified and somewhat enhanced with localized feature and styling.
Also Read: Yamaha Saluto 125 Feature Review
Hence, obviously, the localized version comes with all new exterior color, graphics, and decal design. That initially differentiates between Indian and Indonesian versions. Whatsoever, the motorcycle entirely unchanged in overall look and design. Here head to tail all are same including the electronic display gadgets.
Further, the Indian version comes with a set of change, replacement, and enhancements. So here those are.
- The major change came in the Indian version in the front suspension system. The new setup replaced the USD inverted front shock-absorber and in the Indian version, it’s conventional upright. Hence, the handlebar position and angle changed. Thus the riding and control behavior changed a bit.
- The pillion alloy foot-peg replaced with steel pipe hangers and chain cover enhanced with a bikini tire guard extension. The rear wheel also covered with a Sharee Guard from the left. Hence, thus the Indian machine enhanced with localized features.
- The 2019 Indian version comes with dual-channel ABS with its braking system. It enhances braking safely and efficiency.
- The ECU updated coping with local environment situations where that also impacts the fuel economy.
- The version comes with a higher ground clearance than the Indonesian version. Its 170mm wherein Indonesian version its 155mm.
- The battery also updated. Here it is 12V, 4.0Ah MF ETZ5V battery.
- Lastly, the Indian version comes with 142kg of weight where the Indonesian version lighter with the weight of 137kg.
2019 Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 Indian Version – Specification & Dimensions
The Indian version of Yamaha R15 V3 comes with the same engine along with same frame setup we mentioned earlier. Hence, the model featured with same single cylinder four-stroke engine. The engine featured the same VVA with Assist & Slipper clutch.
Further, the engine produces the same 14.2kW of power and 14.7NM of torque. Hence only a few technical measures are different in Indian version from Indonesia. So for detail understanding, you can get the specific details from the bellow specification table.
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 Indian Version
|Engine||Single Cylinder, Four Stroke, Water Cooled, SOHC VVA Engine|
|Bore x Stroke||58.0mm x 58.7mm|
|Valve System||Four-Valve, SOHC with VVA|
|Maximum Power||14.2 kW (19.3PS) @10,000RPM|
|Maximum Torque||14.7 Nm (1.5kgf-m) @8,500RPM|
|Fuel Supply||Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)|
|Clutch Type||Wet Type Multi-Plate Clutch; Assist & Slipper Clutch|
|Starting Method||Electric Start|
|Air Filter Type||Paper Air Filter|
|Transmission||6 Speed, Pattern 1-N-2-3-4-5-6|
|Frame Type||Delta Box Frame|
|Dimension (LxWxH)||1,990mm x 725mm x 1,135mm|
|Kerb Weight||142 Kg|
|Fuel Capacity:||11 Liters|
|Engine Oil Capacity||1.05 Liter|
|Wheel, Brake & Suspension|
|The suspension (Front/Rear)||Upright Telescopic Fork with 130mm Travel /|
Linked Mono Shock Absorber with 97mm Travel
|Brake system (Front/Rear)||Front: 282mm Hydraulic Disk|
Rear: 220mm Hydraulic Disk
Single Channel ABS in front Braking System
|Tire size (Front / Rear)||Front: 100/80-17 M/C 52P|
Rear: 140/70-17 M/C 66H
|Battery||12V, 4.0 Ah(10HR) MF ETZ5V|
|Headlamp||Double Pit LED|
|Speedometer||Full Digital LCD Display|
*All the specifications are subject to change upon company rules, policy, offer & promotion. BikeBD is not liable for the changes.
So, readers, these are quite everything highlighting on the features of 2019 Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 Indian version. Hope you could grab the changes and enhancements. Hence thanks for your interest and nice presence here with us. Therefore Stay Safe and Ride Safe.