Time is changing. Along with time, everything is changing day by day, including tires of the vehicles. The most advanced tires type nowadays are Tubeless Tires. Many people know about it, and many people know the name but don’t know the details. Today, we are going to discuss briefly about Tubeless Tires.
What Is Tubeless Tires ?
Tubeless = tube + less, so it is a tire without the tube. Tire is everything in this type. In tubeless tires, there is no need for a tube as the tire holds the air. Tubeless tires are far better than the tubed tires.
Most of the motorcycles nowadays use tubeless tires, specially the 150cc ones. Everything has positive and a negative sides. So, let’s see the the sides of Tubeless tires.
Tubeless Tires – Positive Sides:
- As the tires don’t have tubes in them, it doesn’t get puncture very often.
- Even if somehow it gets puncture, the air from the tire comes out really slow. As a result, there are no possibilities of any accidents due to punctures.
- Tire Gels can be used in tubeless tires, which fulfills the gap or holes on the run whenever a puncture occurs.
- In low air pressure, tubeless tires gives out better performance than the tubed tires.
- As tubeless tires are thinner and weighs less than the tubes tires, they pumps out better performance.
- There are no possibility of a tubeless tire to burst.
- In high speed, tubeless ones gives out better grip than the tubed tires.
Tubeless Tires – Negative Sides:
- If tubeless tires get punctured, it isn’t a really easy job to fix it. Not everyone can repair it, and not everyone has the tools to repair tubeless tires.
- Setting up the tubeless tire in the rim is a job of experts. It requires experience and suitable machines. If someone with neither of those try to set up the tubeless tire in the rim, the rim might get effected.
- In tubed tires, if a big sized puncture occurs, the rider just need to change the tube but in tubeless ones, the whole tire needs to be changed.
- Tubeless tires cost more than the tubed tires.
This was the details about Tubeless tires. Along with the world, Bike manufacturers in our country has started using tubeless tires in the bikes. And, it is a really a useful feature for safety and hassle free ride.
Be Safe, Ride Safe.
Written By: Nadim Anam Utsho