Motorcycle Helmet Care Tips – Do & Don’t
When it’s the matter of safety of a motorcycle rider then the motorcycle helmet comes in top of the priority list. Helmet is of-course the most essential riding gear for a motorcycle rider.
So it’s mandatory to wear helmet to ensure safety when riding a motorcycle. Therefore the helmet needs regular care as it used most frequently. Hence we are here today with Motorcycle Helmet Care Tips – Do & Don’t (Source).
These days the motorcycle riders in Bangladesh are getting quite cautious about safety therefore safety gears. Hence the number of motorcycle helmet user also increasing significantly even in the countryside area where they never were habituated using a helmet. Moreover the number of branded & quality motorcycle helmet user also increasing rapidly.
Therefore we need to be cautious to keep our helmet neat, clean, hygienic and of-course in top notch condition for ensuring maximum safety.
You know a helmet covers the most sensitive part of human body that is our head. It covers our sensitive organs of vision, smell, taste & listening and most significantly our brain.
So we need to be caring both the inner and outer part of the helmet. Therefore in motorcycle helmet care issue we have arranged the segments on both what we should do and not to do to ensure proper helmet care. Let’s get the details.
Motorcycle Helmet Care – We Should Do
- Keep your motorcycle helmet in dry and comparatively warm place.
- Keep the helmet in open place with keeping the visor open to ensure proper air flow inside the helmet. It prevents the inner lining from malodor and from fungus deposit.
- Clean the helmet visor every time after use and also clean the outer shell.
- Use water or mild shampoo-water for cleaning the visor and outer shell.
- Use soft and wet type tissue for cleaning the helmet. If soft tissue or clean soft cotton rag not found you can use only water and can rub softly with wet fingers.
- Clean the airflow vents with soft painting brush and can use a low power air blower.
- Use only soft painting brush to clean the dust from the rubber seal lining between helmet and visor.
- Inspect the latch of visor, sun visor and joints of modular type helmet. Simply oil the moving rivet, spring and latch and wipe off the access with tissue paper.
- If any of rubber or synthetic lining found wear or fissure use rubber grade sophisticated glue to rebound the wear.
- After prolonged use or if needed you can for wash of the inner lining if that is detachable.
- Use only warm shampoo-water to wash the inner lining. Wash the lining gently with care.
- After drying completely under the sun then set the lining again.
- When washing the inner lining also clean the helmet inner shell with air blower and soft paint brush.
- For fixed type of inner lining there no way of shampoo-water washing. But you can use foam based helmet washing kit to clean fixed liner. Otherwise you can put the helmet under the sunlight keeping the inner side toward the sun.
Motorcycle Helmet Care – Don’t Do
Being sensitive of caring on our motorcycle helmet sometime we practice wrong. So here we listed some wrong practice those we should avoid. Please take a look.
- Never clean the helmet with regular soap. Soap has oily chemical which can hamper the transparency of the visor and can make the outer shell sticky so it catches more dusts.
- Avoid using hard and even dry tissue cleaning the visor. It can make thin scratch on the visor and you may face low visibility in the night against upcoming vehicle light.
- Don’t wipe the visor in cross direction again and again. Its better wiping from one side to another to avoid scratches.
- Never use non-brand cleaning kit. If possible use branded & certified kit only; otherwise mild shampoo-water is well enough.
- Avoid using any type of cleaning liquid on visor and of-course on anti-fog or pin lock visor.
- Never apply pressure while detaching the helmet liners or visor. In such case you may lose the sophisticated locking or fastening rivets forever.
- Never use the industrial glue other than rubber grade sophisticated glues on any part of the helmet. Some industrial glue can melt the polycarbonate helmet shell and the sophisticated rubber lining. So seriously be careful of those.
- Don’t go for any type of color modification of the helmet. Please don’t do this! Color modification needs to remove the outer coating of the outer shell which protects the shell within its life time. Removing or putting new color or chemical means weakening the protective layer of the outer shell.
Motorcycle Helmet Care – Some Advice Please Take in Care
You know guys as our boys are so enthusiastic about their bike and biking habits. So unconsciously often we go wrong even with our habits which violets the safety margin even of our helmet. Hence here are some advice considering safety issue; please take those in care.
- Handle the helmet with care. It’s like your safety crown of your head. It’s really pricey as much as you price your head.
- Avoid intentional dropping or by carelessness. Maybe your helmet is high-end branded one which has all the standard certification but surely decreases its strength and can initiate flaws on the shell just from that dropping.
- Avoid handling the helmet holding the fastener, liner or the visor. It will damage the part faster than the warranty period.
- Many of us very frequently dry their helmet under the hot sun for extended time. That is really harmful and shortens the helmet life. Avoid this and keep your helmet in high airflow area for drying and keeping out of malodor.
- Never store your helmet in closed closet. Ensure proper airflow inside the helmet. So its better keeping the visor and air vents open keeping the silica gel inside.
- Most of the high-end brands provides around five years of warranty for their helmets. After that period the helmet shell compound and bonding between layers lose their strength and become fragile. Therefore avoid using the helmets over that recommended period of warranty.
So guys that was our arrangement on motorcycle helmet care tips – do & don’t. Wish this feed will be helpful for taking care of your crown.
Hence feel free to share your tips on helmet care and allow us learning from you. Therefore thanks for your participation, wish see you all soon.
FAQ- Frequently Ask Question
1. Where do I put my motorcycle helmet?
2. How many years does a motorcycle helmet last?
Ans: Every helmet manufacturer recommends replacing helmets at least every five years, some every three years.
3. Do helmets save lives on motorcycles?
Related Article You May Like:
- Caberg Helmets – The Italian Helmet Brand
- GearX Bangladesh – Distributor of Bilmola & KYT Helmets
- Vega Helmets Price In BD
- BILMOLA HELMETS – Bilmola Helmet Product & Feature
- GearX Launches KYT Helmets In Dhaka Bike Show 2019
- GearX Bangladesh Launch Two New Bilmola Helmets
- GearX Introduces Bilmola Defender 2018 Helmets In Bangladesh
- BikeBD Award Ceremony With LS2 Helmets With Dhaka Bike
- Riding Training With Yamaha Riding Academy!
- Eid Discount Offer On KYT & Bilmola Helmet
Read By Category:
- User Reviews Of Motorcycle and Scooter
- All Kinds of Company Motorcycles & Scooters Price
- All Motorcycle Showrooms in Bangladesh, Addresses, Phone No
- Team BikeBD All Bikes Review
- Motorcycle Technical Reviews
- Motorcycle Product Reviews
- All Motorcycle Comparison Reviews
- All Motorcycle Travel Stories