Honda launched Honda CBR150R (2019) in Indonesia. The new bike carries the same engine as found in the current Honda CBR150R (2016) but they have upgraded some new features into the motorcycle.
Honda CBR150R 2019 Feature:
1. Antilock Braking System (ABS) – This is a revolution in the 150cc sports bike segment. The only bike to have ABS in the 150cc segment was Honda EX Motion now with duel channel ABS the bike will be more stable under braking on wet or slippery surface and also it won’t allow the brakes to lock up.
2. Emergency Signal Stop (ESS) – this will work under heavy or sudden braking, the double indicators of the bike will flash to give warning to the vehicle behind.
3. New Alloy Wheels – From the pictures over the internet we can see new alloy wheels.
4. New Windshield – They made the windshield now in a round shaped compared to current windshield.
5. New Speedometer Colour – Although they kept the same speedometer as 2016 version but the colour is changed.
6. Adjustable Suspension – Although the suspension mechanism remains the same but now both the front & rear suspensions have 5 step adjustable options, so you can adjust the ride height depending on the road conditions & loading capacity of the bike.
7. New Graphics – The all new CBR150R 2019 gets new colours for the 2019 edition. Now it is available in Matt Black, Victory Black Red, Honda Racing Red & MotoGP (Repsol) Edition.
Most of the bike is the same as we can find in the current Honda CBR150R in Bangladesh. Engine is a 150cc, DOHC water cooled, single cylinder, 4 valve engine. The engine produces 16.9 BHP & 14.4 NM of Torque. You can check our Test Ride Review of Honda CBR150R and also see how it compares to the other 2 sports bike in Bangladesh.
With Yamaha R15 V3 launched in 2017 have more power & VVA & Slipper clutch in the bike it was time that Honda also brings upgrade in their flagship 150cc sports bike. Adding ABS & adjustable suspensions is a start and we are hoping that the fight between the two Japanese giants will go on for quiet sometime.
Bangladesh Honda Pvt Ltd hasn’t announced any launching date or prices of the new CBR150R 2019 neither the price of the new bike but we are expecting that the price of the new may be more due to added features. We will keep updating our bikers whenever we get any updated news.