Shocking : FRANTIC MOTORS Shutdown Their Operations
Over the past 3-4 years there has been many Chinese bike companies that has build up in Bangladesh, many came and gone while few in numbers survived just because they are providing good quality bikes in affordable price to the local people. Last year CZ Motorcycles shut down their operation in Bangladesh and then FRANTIC MOTORS shutdown their operations at Bangladesh in November 2015.
Frantic Motors started their life with full of lies, they started telling the people of Bangladesh from their Tejgaon Showroom that the bikes were MADE IN POLAND but nothing in this universe were found anything about Frantic Motors or Poland.
They used to sell X6 & IS150 motorcycles. X6 was a naked 150cc (originally 180cc) bike which sounded just as bad as Megelli 125 bikes and IS150 was originally a 250cc bike from Jiajue Motorcycle Manufacturing China which is a carbon copy of Honda CBR250R but under the radar they put a badge of 150cc on it and with some hideous sticker job. Both the bikes were over price, the qualities of the bikes were very poor and worst of all the spare parts weren’t available by any mean.
Read More>> Frantic IS150 Review
I know a close friend who bought a brand new Frantic IS150 and just after 3000 km use the clutch plate of the bike was gone and to add to the misery the clutch plate weren’t available to the importer neither does the parts matches with any of the bike that are available in the market.
Frantic IS 150 Specifications
MODEL: FRANTIC IS150
ENGINE TYPE: SINGLE-CYLINDER,LIQUID COOLED,4-STROKE,SINGLE OVERHEAD CAMSHAFT
MAX POWER: 22BHP/9000R/MIN
MAX TORQUE: 19.0N.M/7000R/MIN
COMPRESSION RATIO: 11.6:1
SEAT HIGHT: 780MM
WHEEL BASE: 1330MM
FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 19L
FUEL CONSUMPTION: 32-35/L
FRONT TYRE SIZE: 110/70-17
REAR TYRE SIZE: 150/60-17
FRONT BRAKE : DUAL DISC BRAKE 300MM
REAR BRAKE : SINGLE DISC BRAKE 220MM
START: ELECTRIC START
SPARK PLUG: TORCH C9EH
TRANSMISSION: 6 GEARS
SHOWROOM ADRESS WAS:
115/2 TEJKUNIPARA BIJOY SARANI(LINK ROAD)
See More: Frantic IS150 Price In Bangladesh
Worst still were their service team, when I saw about their activities of servicing all they could do was to wash the bike, lube the chain and clean the air filter. Most of the people who bought a bike from them weren’t satisfied. Sadly am still to see a Frantic IS150 or X6 to pass 20,000 km without the need of major work with the engine.
One of the reasons why people in Bangladesh buy Chinese bikes because they cost far less then Indian or Japanese bike, but not all Chinese companies can provide you GOOD QUALITY products. We have seen & tested that LIFAN, KEEWAY, RUNNER, Zongshen & ZNEN so far are some of the few who are giving away good quality Chinese bikes at reasonable price, also they are also providing good after sales service to their customers and making sure all the spare parts are available to them.
We suggest the bikers to look up for these criteria’s before buying a CHINESE bike!
- When you buy a CHINESE bike please make sure that the company from whom you are buying have an INTERNATIONAL AUTORIZED WEBSITE so that you can get more details about the bike.
- Make sure that the company in Bangladesh is doing business for a long time (4-5 years) and also have a factory in Bangladesh soil where they manufacture or assemble the bikes.
- The BRAND which the company import is an international BRAND as many times many importers in Bangladesh import LOW QUALITY CHINESE bikes by their own name and in most of the time the mother company have no identity in the international market.
- If possible mail to the mother company & ask them whether they appointed any authorized dealer in Bangladesh or not.
- Also ask the importers or suppliers about the spare parts and make sure that some common parts like brake shoe, chan spocket matches with that available in the local market.
There are many people who can’t afford 2.5 lac to buy Gixxer, FZS or Pulsar AS150 but still want a 150cc bike for them it is very helpful if the Chinese manufacturer brings good quality bikes in affordable price which will help the bikers in Bangladesh to enjoy the speed.